Here we go.

01 January 2015

CLOSING IN ON CATCHING UP

Replica of the sign made famous in Lonesome Dove in a gas station somewhere in Louisiana:
 photo B338E7CA-8CD0-45C5-BD9A-7F77963D4C1B_zpsg4eefjyl.jpg

The gal came back and then the next day, they were both gone and we haven't seen them since:
 photo 65ED8FD0-1C66-447E-9DB5-E210C6B564A7_zpsu8qtyvsq.jpg

I've learned the pleasure of persimmons:
 photo 15B3DC59-E210-4C3B-9461-501AF0D6B436_zpsbwhiwjox.jpg

We've been having meals with KMHD + Everett more frequently. Graffiti's is a favorite:
 photo 35181D76-3FB7-4944-A9AA-6E751BF0080E_zpsopxonwnd.jpg

SOLO has been wanting to be near me more, which is flattering even if I can't get any werk done:
 photo 0A71692C-C348-473A-BD6F-0533B1A27F43_zpsqqz3mgik.jpg

We went to Burge's recently and it so worth mentioning. Never change, Burge's!
 photo ACE0BE1C-FD64-4541-A3FA-920C0E65611D_zpsuttoxky8.png

 photo FBED1915-4065-431C-B8D0-7B505F237BBE_zpsrqgrwuzs.jpg

Sometimes, KMHD + I just need to get out of the house. A little grocery store loitering on a Saturday night:
 photo EC7FB92D-3E98-4D97-8272-5B0F6E9FC418_zpsupjrge8m.jpg

 photo B511D45F-5B09-4501-A4D4-A87D5107CE30_zps2lc9cqjn.jpg

Passenger:
 photo 0C0B9B3E-D180-4E30-B25D-A461FBEC2DC4_zpshygpcxdl.jpg

This is only remarkable because it looks like a regular Xmas tree photo, but I was approaching breakdown from having too much to do and too little time to do it.  This is a "and yet you managed to get the tree up amidst it all" snapshot.  Appearances = deceiving:
 photo F22C6937-FB8A-4415-9A47-A6EAA051E38C_zpsrgzlayqf.jpg

I won this cool fan in a contest:
 photo C508613F-CCFA-459A-86D9-D6A9E41C5F43_zps6ipgrkfy.jpg

The very beginning of a very bad visit with dad:
 photo DAA1642B-468B-4EB9-A46C-385C3ED4613D_zpsauuvkk3h.jpg

Dad does have an impressive bonsai garden, somehow:
 photo 48D82B53-8F77-4421-A0D6-AB0B747D865B_zpsvq1wpnkq.jpg

 photo 8A5A6202-9951-4E7F-B694-A75A957E658B_zpsulbm7y2y.jpg

Blasts from my hometown past:
 photo C198BFA1-8A17-4685-882C-12FFED3B811C_zpswdfjnsur.jpg

The last Kilgore/13th Division Xmas party:
 photo 73BB5BFF-2BB1-4BFC-BF7C-2684FFEE40D7_zps2k2kjmna.jpg

Me + my office mates didn't have a big budget to throw Judge Kilgore a bangin' retirement party, but we pulled it off and it was brilliant. Judge's sons came from LA and DC as a surprise and, well, we made the old man cry.  Nailed it! These are pride pics here:
 photo A22313A1-6780-4E30-A3E5-8ED2615ED027_zpsog1vxwlo.jpg

 photo 208A4A34-3C32-4BAE-B236-5954B08A7C5B_zpsaysr2pw3.jpg

 photo B5DC9D2D-EA46-43DE-8F14-433AA3CE367D_zps9aeqreor.jpg

I got sick the day before we were to fly out to Seattle. I didn't want to be the jerk who was sick and then got on an airplane, so I actually went to see the doctor THEE day we were to fly out.  They tested me for flu, which is an awfully intrusive procedure. Thankfully, I tested negative.  They gave me a most painful shot in the rear, a z-pack, and the go-ahead for travel.
 photo CE653AD4-CA7B-41BC-B782-C1316F9074E7_zpsyvksarnx.jpg

Judge Kilgore oathing in my new boss, Hon. Mike Reif. Work has been weird lately and I don't expect that to let up any time soon:
 photo BEEAE078-7440-4606-B0EC-D25799FC6479_zpsbt9kg785.jpg

There is a casual limo driver in our neighborhood:
 photo 55535D00-C3D7-44BF-AAEA-18CEDC971A9E_zpsmgwofcp6.jpg

No comments:

Blog Archive